Summer is just around the corner! As the weather starts to warm up, it’s fun to play around with more cooling ingredients that satisfy your taste buds and your tummy. This taco recipe is a perfect combination of a little salty and sweet. It’s full of flavor and full of nutrients. Best of all, you can mix, match and substitute some ingredients to adjust it as you wish. Did I mention there’s not much cooking involved either? Let’s get to it!
Ingredients for 6-8 tacos
1 C black beans, drained and rinsed
1 mango, cut into bite-sized pices
1/2 C chopped red onion
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
juice of 1lime
1 handful of cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
sea salt to taste
6-8 corn tortillas- you could also substitute whole wheat or spinach tortillas, or just make them into lettuce wraps by using romaine lettuce leaves
Mix all ingredients but lime juice together in a large bowl until well combined.
Add lime juice and stir to coat.
Warm your tortillas (optional)
Scoop mixture into tortillas or lettuce leaves and enjoy!
- Add thinly sliced spinach, cabbage, or shredded carrots for more veggies
- Try swapping pineapple for mango- you’ll need about 3/4C diced
- Use chickpeas in place of black beans
- Add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil to the mix for added healthy fats
- Save leftovers to have over baby romaine as a salad the next day
- Add tilapia or shredded chicken (no longer vegetarian)